07 - Mar - 2011
A New Year And A New Country
Posted by Paul Farrow - Under: Personal
Well its been a year since I posted last. My last post indicated that I was emigrating to the USA. Well a lot has happened in that year. I have moved lock stock and barrel to South Carolina, USA. I have to thank a lot of people and give them shouts for how they helped me out.
- I packed up my house with the lots of help from my mum and dad, big thanks goes to them.
- I moved my stuff using Robinsons International they were excellent the only gripe I had if any was that one of the guys had labeled one item on the inventory as in bad condition but he hadn’t told me about it.
- For renting purposes I had an energy survey from Glen Waldren of Waldren Home Inspection Services who was absolutely fantastic and excellent value. Totally recommend him.
- My good friend Richard who did all the appliance checking, excellent job. He can be found here at www.pat-test.me.uk.
- I would like to mention another good friend of mine Jimmy Osbourne (AKA Jim the Plumber) who got my waste disposal going.
- Would also like to thank Buff for putting up with my moods when at times things didn’t go too well.
After the 3 hours of visa processing through Atlanta airport I was met by a great welcome reception. Thanks go to the Barlows for being there with Buff at the airport. Just look at what I was met by.